Release Date: 11th December 2020
Following the NSW Health announcement of major roll backs of restrictions for Covid-19, we have been advised that training organisations are now exempt from the social distancing rules.
As such our class numbers are now able to increase to allow us to accomodate everyone with their training needs.
However Focus on Safety continues to focus on being proactive in supporting our students, staff and visitors during these unprecedented times. Our current infection control measures meet the recommendations of governing bodies such as SafeWork Australia and the NSW Department of Heath.
Posters from SafeWork Australia and the World Health Organisation are displayed around the training centre, which are intended to inform on the correct methods to prevent possible contamination.
Focus on Safety Pty Ltd are now a registered Covid Safe business with the NSW Government. Our Covid Safe business signs are displayed around the training centre to give our students additional confidence that we are doing all we can to keep you safe while training.
Additional precautions include:
- Students, staff or visitors who have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 should self-quarantine (stay home) for 14 days after contact and should not attend any training course at Focus on Safety until after this time.
- All staff have received additional Covid-19 training on infection control, basic hygiene and cleaning and disinfecting principles and Covid-19 in the workplace.
- If you test positive to coronavirus within 14 days of attending training or visiting the Focus on Safety training centre, you must notify our office as soon as possible
- Individuals that need to be reschedule courses due to coronavirus self-quarantine should contact the FOS office to discuss. (Ph: 6571333, email: email@example.com)
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of our student morning tea, this is currently suspended for now.
Training Centre Infection Control Measures
We continue to ensure our hygiene and infection control measures across our training centre are strictly in line with our Covid Safe plan including:
- Infographics detailing the correct method of hand washing and sanitising are prominently displayed around the training centre to ensure students, visitors and staff are using the most effective method.
- Students and staff are asked to wash or sanitise hands before entry into classroom.
- Hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes are given to each student when entering a classroom.
- Students and staff are reminded to cough or sneeze into a tissue then discard, or cough or sneeze into a bent elbow.
- Hard surfaces, including desks, chairs, door knobs etc. are cleaned with hard surface sanitisers
- Reception area is being sanitised throughout the day by administration staff.
- Class numbers have been significantly reduced to ensure we adhere to social distancing rules.
- All practical assessment activities which usually require working in close proximity to another student were reviewed to ensure safe social distancing rules are maintained throughout the practical activities where possible.
To further help in reducing the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect students and staff, we have:
- Provided boxes of tissues and an appropriate place to dispose of them in each classroom
- Provided hand sanitizer and encourage students and staff to use it frequently
Other Courses (E.g. Confined Space, Heights)
- Equipment including hard hats, harnesses etc. are being sanitised at the end of each course
- All hard surfaces are wiped down with sanitiser following courses
Focus on Safety is focused on continuing to keep our services as consistent and regular as possible. At some point there may be disruptions to some classes, however we will keep you informed if this is the case. Please contact us on Ph: 65713333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want any further information. This information will additionally appear on our website.
We understand that reduced class numbers may impact your training needs, however we are adding new classes weekly to try and ensure all of our clients needs are met.
Additional resources you may be interested in reading regarding COVID-19:
- Australian Health Protection Principal Committee
- World Health Organisation
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- NSW Health
- Aust Govt Dept Health
Thank you for your continued support of Focus on Safety,
Scott Morante, CEO