Gas Test Atmospheres
The Gas Test Atmospheres course covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere using a portable Gas detector, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
It applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. This course requires students to interpret readings and take actions based on the interpretation.
Working environments may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Workplace atmospheres may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
Our Gas Test Atmospheres course is suitable for use in the following situations:
- confined spaces
- enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit
- monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas
- holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
This course applies to an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
Students are to provide their Unique Student Identifier.
See the Student Handbook for more information.ENQUIRE NOW