Manual Handling/Manual Tasks Course
Manual Handling, also known as manual tasks, is any activity requiring effort to lift, move, push, pull, carry, hold or restrain any object, including a person or animal.
Poor manual handling practice is one of the most common causes of injury in the workplace and the injuries can be disabling and costly.
Focus On Safetys Manual Handling course will teach you how to safely identify, plan and perform manual handling tasks to maintain an injury-
Please note this introductory course covers generic manual handling principles.
Anyone who may need to lift, move, push, pull, carry, hold or restrain objects in their workplace, home or vehicle.
- What is manual handling?
- The risks and consequences of manual handling
- Legal requirements and responsibilities
- Assessing manual handling tasks and managing risk
- Using mechanical aids
- Proper lifting technique
- Manual handling scenario
- Duration: 4 hours
- Time: 7.30am – 11.30am
- Cost: $99.00 per person plus GST (New price as of 1st March 2021 $115.00 per person plus GST)
- Course Venue: Focus On Safety Office or on Client’s premises
- Delivery Mode: Face to face in a classroom setting
- Certification: Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
- What to bring: Participants are required to wear suitable clothing and enclosed footwear.
- Students are to provide their Unique Student Identifier.
- Supplied by FOS: Each participant will receive Morning Tea.
Cancellation of Training
Focus On Safety Pty Ltd realise that cancellation or deferment of a course is sometimes unavoidable and therefore have established the following guidelines:
- Focus On Safety Pty Ltd registration/booking form binds the client to full payment on completion of the Training or Assessment
- No penalty applies if student is moved to another course date in the first instance. However if student is moved multiple times full course fees will apply
- Full fee if cancellation request is received less than 48 hours before the commencement of the course
See the Student Handbook for more information.ENQUIRE NOW