Operate Breathing Apparatus
(PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit PUAFIR210 Prevent injury)
The Operate Breathing Apparatus course is suitable for persons who are required to work in higher risk confined space environments, requiring descent operations for entry. This training builds on basic confined space safety skills, to include a wider range of testing options, selection, fit, use and maintenance of heights/confined space equipment, heights/confined space rescue and use of breathing apparatus for work and/or recovery tasks.
This course is also suitable for those persons responsible in the role of a stand by person.
Once the participant has successfully completed the written and practical assessments of this course, you will have the knowledge, skills and ability to be able to safely enter and work in confined spaces including gas detection, rescue operation, emergency procedures and breathing apparatus.
- PUAFIR207B – Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR215 – Prevent Injury
Students wanting to undertake the 1 day Operate Breathing Apparatus course must have completed confined space entry training and have existing knowledge on confined space entry prior to this training course.
- Duration: 1 day
- Time: 7.30am to 3.00pm
- Course Venue: Focus On Safety Office or on Client’s premises
- Delivery Mode: Face to face in a classroom setting
- Certification: Successful participants will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
- What to bring: Participants are required to wear suitable clothing and enclosed footwear. Participants are also required to bring their own lunch.
- Students are to provide their Unique Student Identifier
- Supplied by FOS: Each participant will receive Morning Tea
Cancellation of Training
Focus On Safety Pty Ltd realise that cancellation or deferment of a course is sometimes unavoidable and therefore have established the following guidelines:
- Focus on Safety Pty Ltd course registration/booking form binds the client to full payment on completion of the Training or Assessment
- No penalty applies if the student is moved to another course date in the first instance. However if a student is moved multiple times full course fees will apply. Movement requests on the day of training are not permitted. These will be treated as a non-attendance and full fee will apply.
- Full fee will be charged if the cancellation request is received less than 48 hours before the commencement of the course
- If a Student turns up more than 10 minutes late for a class, the student will be declined entry into the course, they will be treated as a non-attendance and the full fee will be charged.
See the Student Handbook for more information.ENQUIRE NOW