Safe Handling of Chemicals
We offer our chemical training course to managers, supervisors, health and safety representatives, and of course the employees who are required to handle the hazardous substances as part of their jobs. We aim to provide all participants with the essential skills and knowledge to understand their importance in creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
What is covered in the chemical awareness training courses?
Chemical Safety International covers all aspects of chemical safety and dangerous goods in the workplace, including:
- GHS training for Australia & New Zealand
- GHS training for other Countries
- Preparation of an SDS
- Country specific rules
- Dangerous goods
- Chemicals in the workplace
- Safe handling of chemicals
- Chemical risk management
- Hazardous materials
- Incident management
Upon completion of chemical safety training the participant should be aware of their role and responsibilities regarding safe chemical handling. They should be able to identify and assess hazardous chemicals and substances and enact strict regulations and control measures that minimise likely exposure to dangerous goods.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Time: 7.30am – 11.30am
- Cost: $99.00 per person plus GST (New price as of 1st March 2021 $115.00 per person plus GST)
- Course Venue: Focus On Safety Office or on Client’s premises
- Certification: Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment
- What to bring: Participants are required to wear suitable clothing and enclosed footwear.
- Students are to provide their Unique Student Identifier
- Supplied by FOS: Each participant will receive Morning Tea.
Cancellation of Training
Focus On Safety Pty Ltd realise that cancellation or deferment of a course is sometimes unavoidable and therefore have established the following guidelines:
- Focus On Safety Pty Ltd registration/booking form binds the client to full payment on completion of the Training or Assessment
- No penalty applies if student is moved to another course date in the first instance. However if student is moved multiple times full course fees will apply
- Full fee if cancellation request is received less than 48 hours before the commencement of the course
See the Student Handbook for more information.ENQUIRE NOW