High Pressure Water Jetting Operator Awareness TrainingCLICK HERE FOR COURSE CALENDAR & BOOKINGS
The Australian and New Zealand standard governing High Pressure Water Jetting, AS/NZS 4233. 1 & 2: 2013 were reviewed and released to the public in February 2014. The review included a number of changes and recommendations that affect the use, operation and maintenance of High Pressure Water Jetting Equipment.
These changes have instigated a number of recommendations from Government bodies, both State and Federal, in relation to the training of personnel, the application of the WHS Act and Regulation 2011 and the use of Water Jetting systems within the mining sector.
Several recent incidents have highlighted the necessity for a more extensive training regime for personnel involved in High Pressure Water Jetting, both operators and supervisors, and a more rigorous administrational system to ensure suitable maintenance and inspection regimes are implemented and maintained.
Focus on Safety offers an awareness course that covers the following information:
AS/NZS 4233-1 & 2: 2013 High Pressure water jetting systems, requirements and implications:
- Classification of Class A & B systems
- Training requirements for Assistance and Operators
- Maintenance and inspection requirements
- General Safe Operation
- PPE requirements
High Pressure water jetting operator skill set awareness:
- Contents of skill set
- Training requirements
- Requalification timeframes
WHS aspects – both practical and theoretical
- SWMS compilation
- WHS Act 2011
- WHS Regulation 2011
- Safe Work Australia Guidance
Practical application of operator techniques
- Practical use of Class B Systems – 4000 and 5000 PSI units
- Fault finding
- Nozzle selection and application
- Duration: 1 day
- Time: 7.30am to 3.00pm
- Cost: $360.00 plus GST per person
- Course Venue: Focus On Safety Office or on Client’s premises
- Delivery Mode: Face to face in a classroom setting
- Certification: Successful participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance
- What to bring: Participants are required to wear suitable clothing and enclosed footwear. Participants are also required to provide their own lunch.
- Students are to provide their Unique Student Identifier
- Supplied by FOS: Each participant will receive Morning Tea
Cancellation of Training
Focus On Safety Pty Ltd realise that cancellation or deferment of a course is sometimes unavoidable and therefore have established the following guidelines:
- Focus on Safety Pty Ltd course registration/booking form binds the client to full payment on completion of the Training or Assessment
- No penalty applies if the student is moved to another course date in the first instance. However if a student is moved multiple times full course fees will apply. Movement requests on the day of training are not permitted. These will be treated as a non-attendance and full fee will apply.
- Full fee will be charged if the cancellation request is received less than 48 hours before the commencement of the course
- If a Student turns up more than 10 minutes late for a class, the student will be declined entry into the course, they will be treated as a non-attendance and the full fee will be charged.
See the Student Handbook for more information.ENQUIRE NOW